在南洋小城荡来荡去
热爱在东南亚各地旅行的作者,以独特的视角来书写南洋的一景一物,结合了作者多年来的阅读和经历,为南洋刻画了独特的文字风景。
Wandering around the small towns of Nanyang
The author, who is passionate about travelling in Southeast Asia, writes about the sights and sounds of Nanyang from a unique perspective, combining the author's years of reading and living experience to carve out a unique literary landscape for the region.
作品节选 | Excerpt - 《金马仑的迷雾》
黄昏,朋友驾的车转上了密林里的弯道,方才还亮的天光瞬间消失,窗外幽暗如夜,车里人都噤了声:目的地未到,一种神秘气氛已隐隐笼罩上来。
山间寒气从车窗缝隙渗透进来,心里忽涌出一个木心的句子:“秋天的风都是从往日的秋天吹来”,那么3月的风都是从往年的3月吹来——1967年,61岁美籍泰丝大王吉姆•汤普森(Jim Thompson)在金马仑高原散步时离奇失踪,那是3月26日下午,而我们当晚要去投宿的,正是汤普森最后下榻的度假别墅“月光小舍”(Moonlight Cottage)。
汤普森的失踪曾被称为亚洲最大未解之谜,官方和民间发动地毯式搜索一无所获后,流传三种推测:曾是美国情报特工的汤普森被敌方谋杀;他故意逃遁销声匿迹;爱探险的他不幸被老虎吃了。事件的诡异甚至吸引日本推理文学大家松本清张到来考察,写出小说《热之绢》,以越战发生、东南亚动荡局势为时空背景,推测谜样人物人间蒸发背后的症结……
车子冲上斜坡,眼前豁然开朗,山路尽头的都铎式别墅美得让人无语,黑色木条白色墙面标配之外,红白相间的廊柱添一抹低调之艳,烟囱苍凉,花园精致。从各角度拍了无数照片,仍觉它亦真亦幻,更像小说或电影的场景。

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

余云
余云,剧作家与散文作家。曾任上海戏剧学院戏剧文学系讲师,新加坡实践表演艺术学院导师,新加坡电视台高级编剧,《联合早报》副刊资深编辑。创作舞台、影视作品十余部,发表文化随笔上百万字。
Yu Yun
Yu Yun is a playwright and prose writer. A former executive editor of Lian He Zao Bao, she is a well-known local columnist who writes about Singapore and Nanyang, and has been published articles in Singapore and overseas to great acclaim.
余云写作心得 | Short Notes with Yu Yun
在写作方面,“心眼”对于您意味着什么?
What does "Mata Hati | 心眼 | Eye of the Heart | மனக்கண் வழியே" mean to you in writing?
感、知贯通,灵感迸发的瞬间。
The moment where emotion, knowledge, and inspiration burst out.
请分享您的写作习惯:手写还是打字?是否有好几份草稿、长时间的停顿或短暂的灵感泉涌?
What does your writing process look like? Do you type or write? Are there multiple drafts, long pauses, or sudden bursts of activity?
近几年我都在手机上写作,边思考边形成文字。
In recent years I write on my phone, thinking and forming words at the same time.
请形容一下您的写作空间。
What does your working space look like?
因为用手机写,在哪里都可以记录我的想法。随时随地。
Because I use my phone to write, I can record my thoughts wherever I am. Anytime, anywhere.
请以不超过30个字向读者们推荐您的入围作品。
Make an elevator pitch for your shortlisted work in 30 words or less.
一本东南亚文学随笔:在旅行地景中品味经典,想象文学史上的风景。
An essay on Southeast Asian literature: sampling classics in the travel landscape and envisioning the scenes of historical literature.
请分享在创作入围作品当儿的一个关键时刻。
Could you share a pivotal moment as you were writing this work?
随笔集,由很多个“关键时刻”构成。
This essay collection contains many 'pivotal moments'.
回顾入围作品的写作过程,您会给当时的自己一个什么建议?
If you could give one advice to yourself when you were writing this book, what would it be?
坚持写就对了。
Just keep on writing.