浮生流影
作者从自身幼年经历描述四十、五十、六十年代南洋华人移民的生活内容,并由此窥探出文化里价值观的保留及变化。
River of Life
The author describes the life of Chinese immigrants in Southeast Asia in the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s through his own childhood experiences, and explores the preservation of and changes in cultural values.
作品节选 | Excerpt
雖然只有十二歲,卻已經感到這樓梯真是舉步艱難。我不是一直要找自己母親的嗎?但這時興奮、緊張、慌失、害怕,一切切都忽然湧了來。一邊爬我一邊想:她會是怎樣的?她會是怎樣的一個人?就像書上看到的、戲裡看的那種母親嗎?
樓梯在半途拐彎,拐了彎,便是一個房門口,有個女人在門口那裡包春卷,我停下問她,“請問月好姑在嗎?”
她看看我,說:“我就是。”
那時心都要跳出來了。傻一樣站在那裡,只能吶吶地,說,“我,我就是阿偉。”她看一下我,聲音卻淡得很,“那你知道我是誰了?”我連忙點頭。第一次,我喚了聲真正的“媽”。

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

吳偉才
吳偉才,1951年出生与新加坡,著书25册,1979年起撰写专栏至今,背包旅游多年,目前专注绘画。
Ng Wai Choy
Ng Wai Choy was born in 1951 in Singapore. He has written 25 books and has been a columnist since 1979. He has been backpacking for many years and is currently focusing on painting.
吳偉才写作心得 | Short Notes with Ng Wai Choy
在写作方面,“心眼”对于您意味着什么?
What does "Mata Hati | 心眼 | Eye of the Heart | மனக்கண் வழியே" mean to you in writing?
心眼就是自己的“内心观照”。
It means "An insight from one spritual mind."
请分享您的写作习惯:手写还是打字?是否有好几份草稿、长时间的停顿或短暂的灵感泉涌?
What does your writing process look like? Do you type or write? Are there multiple drafts, long pauses, or sudden bursts of activity?
因为必须周期性交稿因此我每周书写两天。我以电脑文件书写。写的都是生活,无需起稿, 但会理性过滤。
I have to deliver my writing periodically so I write two days a week. I write with softwear files. It's all about life, so no draft is needed, but I filter my thoughts rationally.
请形容一下您的写作空间。
What does your working space look like?
厨房的桌子。
My kitchen table.
请以不超过30个字向读者们推荐您的入围作品。
Make an elevator pitch for your shortlisted work in 30 words or less.
从五六十年代的移民生活里去看今日国人的价值观变迁。
From the life of immigrants in the fifties and sixties we can see the changing values of Singaporeans today.
请分享在创作入围作品当儿的一个关键时刻。
Could you share a pivotal moment as you were writing this work?
挖掘回忆,是脑力与价值判断的训练。
Excavating memories is the training of brain power and value judgment.
回顾入围作品的写作过程,您会给当时的自己一个什么建议?
If you could give one advice to yourself when you were writing this book, what would it be?
我一直提醒自己:不要把缅怀变成悲情,任何社会都必须从历史里不断前进。我必须记住:不能情感泛滥,必须理性。
I always reminded myself that we should not turn remembrance into pathos, and a society must continue to move forward from history. So I have to avoid to be too emotional, but shall be more rational.