Travelling is back. And it’s never too late to realize your lifelong dream of becoming a travel writer! Travel and write about Pulau Ubin.
This will be a 2-part workshop happening over 2 weekends. The first session will be held together with an experiential tour and trip to Pulau Ubin.
The workshop is suited for beginner and occasional travel writers (12 years and above, individuals below 18 years old needs to be accompanied with an adult).
The 2-part workshop takes place on:
- 3 September 2022 (Saturday), 9:30 am to 5:00 pm SGT
- 10 September 2022 (Saturday), 9:30 am to 12:30 pm SGT
*Please note that there is no lift access to the SBC Training Room or Conference Room.
First Session: 3 September 2022, Saturday
9.30 am - 12.30 pm (Theory), Venue: Singapore Book Council Conference Room
This workshop will teach participants how to achieve this goal by providing an understanding of the following:
- Essentials skills for Good Travel Writing
- Basics of photography and video for travel
- Making the most of social media
- Blogs, Instagram, YouTube: Which one to use?
- Where and how to publish?
- Paying the bills and more from travel writing
- Ethics of travel writing
- Creating, sustaining and extending your brand as a travel writer
12.30 - 2.00 pm (One-way transport to Changi is included)
- Free and easy lunch (not provided)
- Regroup and walk to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
2.00 pm - 5.00 pm (Trip and tour at Pulau Ubin*)
- Changi Point Ferry Terminal
- Pulau Ubin
- Wei tuo Fa gong Temple
- Pukka Hill
- Ah Ma Cold Drink Stall
- Ah Di House
- Ubin Research Centre
- Ketam Mountain Bike Park
- German Girl Shrine
- Pulau Ubin Town
- Ferry Back to Changi Point Ferry Terminal
*subject to changes
Second Session: 10 September 2022, Saturday
9.30 am - 12.30 pm (Workshopping & Feedback), Venue: Singapore Book Council Training Room
- Sharing of writing
- Getting peer feedback
- Workshopping on the works
Things to Note:
- Physically fit
- Lots of walking
- STB Licensed Tourist Guide
- Transport from SBC to Changi
- Bum Boat ride from Changi Ferry Terminal
- Other transport fees in Pulau Ubin
An indemnity form will be required to sign upon confirmation of registration and payment.
Minimum – Maximum Number of Participants: 6 – 13 pax
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to 5 working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Those who did not turn up at the workshop will not receive a refund.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation and withdrawal policy and accept the terms contained therein.