Suited for: Anyone interested in family history.
Family is something close to our hearts. We all document our family in one way or the other: we take photographs, we save keepsakes from our childhood, we listen to and retell family stories.
This workshop will help you transform your photos, mementoes and memories into a family story that will be treasured by your family. Led by facilitators from The History Workroom, this workshop will:
- Provide tips on how to organise and preserve treasured items and memories
- Show how to use selected public databases and resources to search for details and historical context
- Give examples on how to compile and write a meaningful story of your family
- Explore the exciting options in presenting and sharing your family story
Throughout the process, the facilitators will share their own experiences in family history and discuss several case studies to give participants ideas and inspiration for their own projects.
This is an in-person workshop and will be held in SBC Training Room.
- Be able to organise and adopt effective methods of preserving family photos, documents and memories
- Be able to use selected online databases to research their family history
- Understand the pros and cons of various options for writing, presenting and sharing their family story
- Develop a roadmap for their family story project
i) Minimum – Maximum Number of Participants:
4 – 20 pax Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
ii) Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us. Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents).
iii) Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year. Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.