Join us for a half-day workshop with publishing expert Jo Lusby, where she will share her insights on how to effectively manage and monetize publishing rights, including licensing, translation, and adaptation. Jo will also discuss the pros and cons of different publication formats, such as eBooks, audiobooks, and offer tips and best practices for selling books in different markets, including distribution channels, pricing strategies, and marketing techniques. With Jo's experience in the Asia-Pacific region, she will also provide insights on how publishers based in Asia can expand their reach and internationalize their content.
This workshop is perfect for publishers who want to upskill and maximize the commercial potential of their publishing.
- Date: 29 May 2023, Monday
- Time: 10.00 am - 4.30 pm
- Venue: SBC Training Room, Goodman Arts Centre, Blk E, #03-32 (no lift acces) Directions here.
Lunch and tea provided.
- 10.00 - 10.30 am: Introduction and Overview (30 minutes)
- 10.30 - 11. 30 am: Rights Management (60 minutes)
- 11.30 - 11.40 am: Tea Break (10 minutes)
- 11.50 - 12.50 pm: New Publication Formats (60 minutes)
- 12.50 - 1.30 pm: Lunch Break (40 minutes)
- 1.30 - 2.30 pm: Sales and Export (60 minutes)
- 2.30 - 3.30 pm: Internationalization from the Asia Market (60 minutes)
- 3.30 - 3.40 pm: Tea Break (10 minutes)
- 3.40 - 4.30 pm: Q&A and Wrap-Up
The programme can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the programme date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to 5 working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Those who did not turn up at the workshop will not receive a refund.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation and withdrawal policy and accept the terms contained therein.